NJMVC Further Extends Driver License, Registration, and Inspection
IMPORTANT CHANGES YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT:
- Vehicle Centers and Licensing Centers will be closed Saturday, July 11, and will return to regular operating hours Monday, July 13.
- Licenses/IDs, Registrations, Inspections, and Temporary tags have been extended again. See FAQ for more information.
- Licensing Centers offer license and ID transactions. Vehicle Centers offer registration, title, and license plate transactions. Check out this guide to determine which agency you should visit to conduct your transaction.
- Lines are very long. Consider waiting a week or more before you come in.
- Construction in Wayne Licensing Center is creating unusual traffic – please consider going to Oakland, Paterson, or Lodi for your license transaction.
- Many transactions can now be conducted online. Check our online services page to see if you can “Skip the Trip” to the agency.
- All customers are required to wear face coverings when visiting an agency.
- Other FAQs available here.
Was my expiration date extended?
- The following documents, if expiring between Mar 1 and May 31, have been extended to September 30.
- If expiring between June 1 and August 31, they have been extended to December 31.
- All standard driver licenses (including permits)
- Standard non-driver IDs
- Vehicle registrations
- Temporary tags