Atlantic City Electric Urges Customers to Secure Available Financial Assistance to Help Pay Energy Bills
This month Atlantic City Electric is reminding customers who are struggling with energy bills to take action to secure millions of dollars that remain available to help pay their energy bills. In addition to the payment arrangements and assistance Atlantic City Electric provides, the company supports customers in connecting them with federal, local and other funding that may be available to help meet their energy needs.
Atlantic City Electric will work with customers having difficulty paying their energy bill by helping enroll customers into available payment options, including:
- Flexible payment arrangements that offer tailored payment plans
- Extending payment periods for balances, where possible
- Connecting customers with energy assistance funds available across the state
Atlantic City Electric works hard to keep every customer connected by offering payment arrangements and helping customers secure grants and other support from many available energy assistance programs. In 2022 alone, Atlantic City Electric helped 35,454 customers secure more than $88 million in energy assistance, funding that helps pay customer energy bills and money that customers do not need to pay back.
Atlantic City Electric works closely with its community partners to connect customers with grants and programs like LIHEAP, the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. LIHEAP provides grants in varying amounts based on a household’s income size, type of fuel and type of dwelling, with no pay back required. South Jersey customers can apply for LIHEAP energy assistance through the Department of Community Affairs website, by contacting their local LIHEAP Agency or by calling 800-510-3102. Residents also can access the Department of Community Affairs self-screening tool to help determine what energy assistance benefits they may qualify for.
Other programs assisting Atlantic City Electric customers include:
- New Jersey SHARES is a nonprofit corporation that provides utility assistance to income eligible customers. The program offers everything from government grants to free conservation programs and more. Visit njshares.org or call 1-866-657-4273.
- The Universal Service Fund (USF) helps ensure energy bills are more affordable for eligible customers. Eligibility requirements for USF recently changed providing customers who previously may not have been eligible to now participate. The Fresh Start arrearage forgiveness portion of the program also is now open to past participants. Call 1-800-510-3102 or visit energyassistance.nj.gov for information.
- The Payment Assistance for Gas and Electric (PAGE) program provides relief on natural gas and electric bills for limited-to moderate-income customers experiencing a temporary financial crisis. Customers can call 732-982-8710 or visit njpoweron.org.
- Lifeline is a utility assistance program that offers $225 to persons who meet certain income guidelines. Utility customers as well as tenants whose utility bills are included in their rent can call 1-800-792-9745 for details.
Customers can contact Atlantic City Electric at 800-642-3780 to discuss payment arrangements or visit atlanticcityelectric.com/EnergyAssistance to learn more about energy assistance options.
In addition to payment arrangements and energy assistance support, Atlantic City Electric has many programs that can help customers manage their monthly energy bill, including Budget Billing, which averages payments over a 12-month period. The company also offers energy efficiency programs and energy saving information to help customers reduce their energy usage. Information regarding these programs can be found at atlanticcityelectric.com/WaysToSave.
To learn more about Atlantic City Electric, visit The Source, Atlantic City Electric’s online newsroom. Find additional information by visiting atlanticcityelectric.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/AtlanticCityElectric, and on Twitter at twitter.com/AcEleCconnect. Atlantic City Electric’s mobile app is available at atlanticcityelectric.com/MobileApp.